Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:52:55 -0500
7bit
From:
Jean-Marc Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
Ellen Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> asked yesterday:

[...snip...]I am on the search for health promotion needs assessment tools for the "corporate workplace setting" [...snip...]

JM Dupont replies:

Hello Ellen,

I am not sure how relevant this will be, but a colleague of mine (Janet Nevala) just pointed me to this "Workplace Physical Activity Program Framework" which may be useful to you. I am a bit of a "framework" addict at times myself. Anyhow, others may also find this relevant to their work. It was developed by the [Canadian province of] Alberta Centre for Active Living by the way.

Also, this may be a bit of a stretch for you (not formal "needs assessment" per se), but another idea might be to look at what is ever increasingly being developed to help work places deal with smoking cessation. We developed something for Health Canda last year which among other things, looked at "lessons learned" through case studies of work places that have successfully implemented policies and programs. The only reason I am suggesting this is because of the way health promotion "lessons" can be applied to the corporate world. Health Canada's web site should give you more.

Cheers to all Click4HPers from beautiful snowy Ottawa!

JM Dupont

--
Have you seen the changes at The Alder Group?

Visit http://www.aldergroup.com for access to:
- Our new Toronto office
- Our IT division - AlderWeb
- The Alder Group Translation Bureau