From:
Jodi Thesenvitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:44:18 -0500
Due to last minute cancellations, The Health Communication Unit has a number
of openings for the
Interactive Health Communication How To's Workshop on Feb 25, 2002 to Feb
26, 2002 in Toronto, Ontario.

For details on the workshop, please go to
http://www.thcu.ca/workshops/ihcWkshp.htm

To register, please phone The Health Communication Unit at (416)978-0522.

If you wish to attend, you MUST register in advance.  This is an interactive
workshop and each participant must have access to a computer.  Spaces are
limited.

This two day workshop deals with interactive health communication from the
general to the very specific. We begin with the general issues such as how
to manage the quality of information on the WWW and how to evaluate sites.
We then look at potential uses, focusing on building online communities. As
with issues, use is considered relative to Health Promotion values and
strategies, as outlined in the Ottawa Charter. We then move on to more
specific skills such as searching for information on the WWW (including
bibliographic searches) and developing web sites.

Who should attend?
This workshop will be of interest to those who contribute to the development
of websites, as well as those seeking increased personal skills related to
the Internet.

Objectives
At the end of the session participants will be able to:

 Identify major criteria for evaluating IHC applications, including health
promotion values.
 Identify ways in which IHC supports the major health promotion strategies.
 Identify technical ways (e.g. Listserv) to connect with others, as well as
concepts and strategies for building online communities
 Search for information and related organizations and conduct a
bibliographic search.
 Identify key stages for website development, and guidelines for each
successful stage.
 Select appropriate approaches for formative, process and summative
evaluations of own IHC applications.