From:
"Kalda, Robyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:49:43 -0500
***Please DO NOT reply to me -- I'm just passing this on.  Contact info is within the post.***

The Stroke Prevention Initiative (www.preventstroke.ca) of the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse's (www.opc.on.ca) is seeking one or two health promotion consultants for immediate work in either a short-term staff or freelance consultant role.

Initial tasks include:

·     Documentation of our community networking experiences, Connecting the Dots
·     Develop work book of current resources to support new planning teams in other communities.
·     Working with teams planning a local Connecting the Dots event.
·     Develop displays for workshops.
·     Supporting the review of the new website and community resource database.

Qualifications:
·     Knowledge/experience in health promotion and determinants of health, preferably in community settings
·     Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to assess and respond effectively to client needs
·     Ability to work with content in website and database; experience preferred
·     Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
·     Strategic and problem-solving skills, and ability to respond to Ontario's cultural and regional diversity
·     Hospital or primary care/clinical experience an asset
·     French language fluency is preferred
·     Potential to shift to a longer-term staff position should longer term funding be obtained

Location: Negotiable. GTA preferred.

Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume by March 4, 2005 to: SPI manager at: [log in to unmask]

We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity employer.