From:
MARC KOECHIG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:17:00 -0700
In my day job, I read a variety of publications from around the world. One
of our clients is a well-known computer game manufacturer and as a result I
read the pubs for this industry as a matter of course - trust me, I REALLY
rather would read a cereal box. Editorial comment aside, let me say that
between two of the major publications, ign.com and Game Spy Daily, there has
not been much outside the sex, violence, and wanton destruction of property
category (yes, that is a single category) in recent news.

This is not to say that the games do not exist; I rather would suggest
looking at the more obscure sites. The mainstream sites have gone the way of
the culture in this country, but I said no more editorializing. . .

tdempsey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Ann Sundermeyer, the librarian of the Hannibal Free Public Library, asked me
to post this inquiry. You will note that it is wayyyyy outside my bailiwick.
The library board asked her if there were any Mark Twain-related computer
games on the internet. They are wanting to link their website to these games
if they can find them. So, if you are aware of any such critters, let me
know and I will pass the information along to her. So there you are profound
scholars -- who will 'fess up to knowing about computer games? I admit
knowing nothing. I haven't been able to play a computer game since Pong.
Once PacMan came along it was all over for me.
Terrell Dempsey

Marcus W. Koechig