SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Beth Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:04:33 -0400
These are additional materials on the experiences of people with low income:

Daily Bread Food Bank's "Living on Low Income" page:
http://www.dailybread.ca/edu.cfm?subsection=lif

I also have copies of the Pay the Rent and Feed the Kids' "Our Stories:
First Person Accounts of Life on Social Assistance".  I'm not sure if this
list takes attachments, if so I can post these word documents to the list.
Otherwise, people can email me individually for a copy.  This doc used to be
on the campaign website but the campaign is defunct and the links aren't
working on the site.

You can also find "Community Voices: Young Parents Speak Out about Work,
Community Services and Family Life" from Family Service Association of
Toronto and Community Social Planning Council of Toronto's Prospects for
Young Families project.  The majority of the parents were living on low
incomes.
http://www.socialplanningtoronto.org/CSPC-T%20Reports/Community%20Voices%20P
DF.pdf

Beth Wilson
Researcher
Community Social Planning Council of Toronto
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1001
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Tel:  (416) 351-0095 x257
Fax:  (416) 351-0107