SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:03:12 -0400
This exchange illustrates how the medical community will cling desperately
to any forlorn hope that a "lifestyle" silver bullet will be found to
prevent heart disease while paying short -- if any attention -- to
absolutely proven effects of material deprivation across the life span on
the incidence of CVD.  And of course such lifestyle discourse precules any
attention being directed to public policy solutions to address these issues
of material deprivation in developed and developing nations.

dennis

---------------------- Forwarded by Dennis Raphael/Atkinson on 10/27/2004

"Pascal Bovet" <[log in to unmask]>@healthnet.org on 10/27/2004
09:27:01 AM

Please respond to Cardiovascular Health in the Developing World

Sent by:    [log in to unmask]