From:
Patricia Paton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:30:36 -0600
Does anyone have suggestions for evaluation of child-focused health
promotion events like health fairs?

I am looking also for literature related to processes of evaluation with
children (Grade 1 to 6) and utility of evaluating one-off events like
health fairs.  I would be interested in other's experiences - there is
some debate here about whether evaluation of single events contributes
significantly to understanding or if we are just evaluating for the sake
of saying we did it.  Especially true with written evaluations from
Grade 1's, I might add, many of which are indecipherable.  Our
experience is limited, and I'd be most interested in hearing other's
take on both fronts (evaluating kids, and evaluating one-off events)

Trish Paton
Community Development Coordinator