SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:02:53 -0700
7bit
From:
Christina McLennan <[log in to unmask]>
I agree that social determinants refers to all of the aforementioned
factors and that we need to re-evaluate some of the fundamental
principles that guide how we interact and how we value those most
marginalized in our society. I believe that by adopting a social justice
perspective that challenges racism, sexism, homophobism and whatever
isms that have become permeate every structure in our society
(individuals, families, communities, state) we will then be able to
ensure that every individual, family and community has ACCESS to all of
those things that we need in order to live healthy and well lives.

Christina McLennan BSW MSW (Candidate)
Canadian Rural and Remote Health Association
University of Northern BC
3333 University Way
Prince George BC  V2N 4Z9
Phone: 250-967-0208