From:
Rahul Mediratta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:32:45 -0400
Hi Gillian,

I am a fulltime  student at York University currently
completing my Hns. Bachelor in Health Policy.

I just finished a four month contract with the
Ministry of Health in the Mental Health & Addiction
Branch.  The portofolio I was working throughout the
duration of my employment was Consumer/Survivor
Initiatives.

Consumer/Survivors are individuals with direct
experience of the mental health system.
Consumer/Survivor Initiatives are self-help
organizations (led by Consumer/Survivors) which
facilitate two primary services: peer support and job
creation.  67 Consumer/Survivor Initiatives currently
operate across Ontario.

I feel strongly that Consumer/Survivor Self-Help
organizations should be a component of your program.
if you are interested, please let me know.  Although I
am no longer working with the Ministry, I would be
happy to provide you with information and direct you
towards the right individuals within Mental Health &
Addictions to provide you with additional information.
 I could also possibly arrange for a guest speaker to
lecture your students on Consumer/Survivor Self Help
Orgs (from the mental health field).

Sincerely,
Rahul Mediratta

http://www.coned.georgebrown.ca/owa_prod/cewskcrss.P_CrseGet?subj_code=COUN&crse_numb=9027&srch_flag=Y