Sender:
From:
Camille Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:04:22 -0500
The Canadian Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA) is currently
finalizing the dates and locations for our playground safety training
courses for 2003. For those of you not familiar with CPRA, I would
encourage you to visit our web site at www.cpra.ca. The Canadian
Playground Safety Institute (CPSI) courses will assist those individuals
responsible for the safety of their playgrounds and play structures to make
them safer through compliance with the CSA-Z614 standards; standards
developed by the Canadian Standards Association.  This program is comprised
of both a theory course that will help you understand these very technical
standards, and a practical course that will teach you how to conduct an
inspection/audit of your playground.  Successful completion of both courses
results in certification as an inspector by CPRA.  This program has been
available since 1998 and has been attended by over 3000 people.

We will be sending the 2003 course schedule to you by e-mail very soon.
However, the purpose of this e-mail is to seek your assistance in
identifying key people, networks and organizations that should be made
aware of this training opportunity in your region or province/territory. If
you are able to help us distribute this important information through
electronic or print means, I would certainly appreciate if you could
contact me. We are trying to reach as many key stakeholders as possible as
it relates to this program to make them aware of this opportunity.  If you
have a list-serve that you can post a message on, or a mailout we could
include a brochure in, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your consideration of this request.

Sincerely,

Shelley Wagner
Program Coordinator
Canadian Parks and Recreation Association
404 - 2197 Riverside Drive
OTTAWA ON K1H 7X3
Tel: (613) 523-5315 x309
Fax: (613) 523-1182