Sender:
From:
Robb Travers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:26:26 -0500
I wonder on this listserv if people confuse "challenges" to the mainstream
way of "doing" health promotion for rudeness.  We all know (or we should)
that health is a highly political and ideological field.  Debate is going to
be charged and heated at times.  This listserv won't advance ideas about
health -- or health for that matter -- without debate.  saying "I don't
disagree with you", or "there is no evidence to support such programs" or
that something is "ideological" is not rude..... it is simply disagreeing
with a dominant paradigm in health promotion.  I read these kinds of
postings as challenging us to listen and pay attention to new evidence which
is showing there are bigger fish to fry than smokers.  that's rude?