Sender:
From:
"Kalda, Robyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:02:06 -0400
-----Original Message-----
Sent: October 4, 2004 12:06 PM
Subject: job posting

COUNSELLOR POSITION
(Full-time, 1-year Maternity Leave Contract)

The Women's Support Network of York Region is a community based, grassroots, feminist, anti-oppressive/anti-racist organization providing 24-hour telephone support and free individual counselling to women who have survived sexual violence.  Please visit our website for a thorough description of the services we offer www.womenssupportnetwork.ca .

We are currently looking for a full-time Counsellor for the duration of a 1-year maternity leave.  This contract position will be 35 hours per week, for the period of November 29, 2004 to November 18, 2005.  This position requires an individual with a valid driver's license and ongoing access to a reliable vehicle.

Applicants must have a strong feminist and anti-oppression/anti-racist analysis and an extensive knowledge of sexual violence issues.

Main Responsibilities:
Provide individual crisis, brief and short-term counselling from a feminist, anti-oppression/anti-racist framework
Group/Workshop development and facilitation
Provide advocacy, accompaniment and referrals as required
Refer women to appropriate community agencies
Administrative duties including file statistics and management, letters of support, group preparation

Qualifications:
Minimum of 3 years of individual counselling experience with a focus on sexual violence
Work from a feminist, anti-racist and anti-oppression framework
Experience in group facilitation
Relevant experience working with women from diverse communities
Proven abilities in program planning and development
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
The ability to work with minimum supervision
Ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, email and internet skills

Pay: $20.15/hour

In keeping with our ongoing commitment to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage First Nations women, women of colour, immigrant women, women with disabilities, bisexual women and lesbians to apply.

Please submit a detailed resume and covering letter outlining your experiences, counselling approach and analysis of sexual violence and anti-oppression/anti-racism.

Please submit applications via fax at 905-895-6542, by mail or e-mail directed to the attention of the Hiring Committee by Friday October 22, 2004:

Mail:                                                     E-mail (in MS Word format):
Hiring Committee                                [log in to unmask]
Women's Support Network
 of York Region
1110 Stellar Drive, Unit 109
Newmarket, ON
L3Y 7B7.

No phone calls please.

We appreciate your in interest in the Women's Support Network of York Region, however please note, that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.