Sender:
From:
Joan Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:53:53 -0500
ANNOUNCEMENT

Just  a short note to let you know I have taken a position with
Wellesley Central Health Corporation in Toronto as their Director of
Capacity Building and Knowledge Exchange.

This a great opportunity as I get to deliver all the workshops I have
developed over the years and develop new ones with other trainers.
Everyone working in the non-profit or government sector is eligible to
attend at the subsidized rate of $ 25 per workshop. To kick things off
is a Recharge your batteries, Build personal resiliency workshop coming
up on November 15. Included in the low price is a wonderful lunch from
Lisa Shamai catering, a resource package and personal journal. We will
also attempt to provide all participants with a paraffin wax
treatment-to soothe those aching hands from typing and mouse gripping
(suitable for both genders). The workshop description is attached. Let
your friends and colleagues know about this before Christmas treat.

Workshop description can be found here:
http://www.wellesleycentral.com/wellesley/workshops.asp?key=40

Upcoming workshops for 2006;

1. Recharge your batteries and build personal resiliency

2. Build successful alliances coalitions and partnerships

3. Valuing Diversity: The Benefits of Difference

4. Write a winning grant proposal

5. Project management

6. Financial Management

7. Become an effective communicator

8.  Advocacy strategies

9.  Art of facilitation

10. Strategic Planning

11. Performance management for managers

12. Tools for effective Meetings

13. Team building strategies

14. Marketing and Fundraising

15. Conflict strategies

*More to come on governance and other topics!

As well, I am developing an Advanced Leadership program for executive
directors, senior managers and board members with an expected launch
date of March 2006. My partnership work remains a priority in my new
position, as I explore strategic opportunities to support the non-profit
sector in Toronto.

To register for the workshop or to keep informed of Wellesley Central's
programs visit http://www.wellesleycentral.com/. If you register at the
site you will be included on a e-mailing and quarterly newsletter list
with details of upcoming workshops and programmes.

Cheers!

Joan Roberts

Director of Capacity Building and Knowledge Exchange

Wellesley Central Health
45 Charles St.E, Suite 101

Toronto, Ontario

M4Y 1S2