Sender:
From:
Chrystal Ocean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:05:17 -0500
We'd like to remind members of the list that WISE's acclaimed book,
"Policies of Exclusion, Poverty & Health: Stories from the Front" is
available for order from the WISE website. Payment can be made by cheque or
online by credit card.

In rare cases, someone has bought a book for a person they know, a woman in
poverty. Comments from these readers tell us how much our participants'
stories have validated their experiences and our storytellers'
recommendations helped them recapture hope.

Orders have been shipped as far away as the UK, Australia and Japan. Among
the book's purchasers have been:
- agencies, committees, and ministries at all levels of government, e.g.,
municipal health units and provincial health authorities, ministries of
education, justice or  social welfare; and the House of Commons Standing
Committee on the Status of Women;
- academics in fields ranging from dentistry, public health, sociology,
psychiatry, nutrition, kinesiology, and nursing, to literature and the
performing arts.
- women's, youth and senior's resource centres; poverty groups and
advocates; law firms and justice organizations; food banks; cancer
societies; and family doctors, nurses and clergy.

We urge you to buy a book for the coming holiday season, either for yourself
or for someone you know. WISE ship orders immediately upon receipt of payment.

Ocean, WISE Coordinator
http://www.wise-bc.org/