Sender:
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:49:34 -0500
Comments:
Hello everyone:

Iım delighted to announce our new book for facilitators and process
consultants, published by Jossey-Bass (2007).

TITLE:  Making Questions Work: A Guide to What and How to Ask for
Facilitators, Consultants, Managers, Coaches and Educators

AUTHOR: Dorothy Strachan who has been working as a facilitator/process
consultant since 1974 in health promotion, chronic disease prevention and
control and other aspects of health in Canada and other countries.

CONTENTS:

PART I:  How to Ask Questions
    1.  Questions that Work: Process Frameworks, Conscious Questioning,
Skills, Reminders
    2.  Core Facilitation Values: Values Into Action, Integrity,
Authenticity, Mutual Respect
    3.  Follow-up Questions
PART II: What to Ask When
    4.  Questions for Opening a Session: Process Framework, Guidelines,
Question Bank
    5.  Questions for Enabling Action: Process Framework, Guidelines,
Question Bank
    6.  Questions for Thinking Critically: Process Framework, Guidelines,
Question Bank
    7.  Questions for Addressing Issues: Process Framework, Guidelines,
Question Bank
    8.  Questions for Closing a Session: Process Framework, Guidelines,
Question Bank
In Closing: About Questions ­ What I Know for Sure

This new book ³Making Questions Work²  is a completely revised, improved and
more comprehensive book than the one we did five years ago called ³Questions
that Work²:
* The first book had 800 questions and Making Questions Work has 1800
questions that are process specific and content neutral so they can be
customized to most situations.
* Part I (How to Ask Questions) is expanded considerably with an additional
chapter on prompts or follow-up questions. It also has new material on
process frameworks and how to use them plus information about the links
between skills and values. In addition, Part I has interactive activities
for exploring those links as well as for developing goals and actions for
professional development for facilitators.
* Part II (What to Ask When) outlines 5 process frameworks in detail,
questions for each one and how to use these process frameworks when creating
a workshop design; each process framework is also illustrated through an
easy-to-understand graphic.

Price: US $40.00;  CDN $51.99
To order:
http://www.josseybass.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0787987271.html

--------------

If it is difficult for you to order the book in your country, please contact
us directly at:

Thanks,

Dorothy

---