Sender:
From:
Diana Daghofer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:10:10 -0700
Hello everyone,

Prevent Cancer Now, a Canada-wide network to eliminate preventable causes of
cancer, launched a new website <http://www.preventcancernow.ca/>  today to
help provide Canadians with resources to fight for a cancer-free future.
(www.preventcancernow.ca <http://www.preventcancernow.ca/> )

Among the new materials are:

*         A toolkit
<http://preventcancernow.ca/main/issues-actions/stop-incineration>  to help
communities fight incineration. Incinerators emit hundreds of pollutants
into our air, land and water, including known carcinogens. Health Canada
<http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/environ/dioxin-eng.php>  states that
the large-scale burning of municipal and medical waste is the biggest source
of dioxins and furans. Despite this, many Canadian cities and municipalities
are now facing new incinerator proposals. Manufacturers of newer
technologies, including pyrolysis and gasification claim their products are
"clean"; however, cannot provide reliable studies to demonstrate that.

*         A renewed call on the Canadian government to phase-out and
eliminate all known or suspected carcinogens in manufacturing and industrial
processes, food production and consumer products. Please sign our
declaration
<http://preventcancernow.ca/main/issues-actions/sign-our-declaration> .

*         Information on the continued shameful practices of our federal
government to actively promote the use of asbestos nationally and
internationally. Visit the new website and Take Action on asbestos
<http://preventcancernow.ca/open-letter-to-the-prime-minister> .

Please visit our new <http://www.preventcancernow.ca/>  website today and
sign up for our newsletter. We'd love to hear what you think!

Diana Daghofer

Co-Chair, Prevent Cancer now

www.preventcancernow.ca <http://www.preventcancernow.ca/>

 <http://www.preventcancernow.ca/>

Diana

Diana Daghofer

Wellspring Strategies Inc.

Rossland, British Columbia

250-362-5810

"Don't waste the years struggling for things that are unimportant. Don't
burden yourself with possessions. Keep your needs and wants simple, and
enjoy what you have." Henry David Thoreau