From:
Christine Preece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 13:56:18 -0400
Are you sure it is called perspectives in Health or Health In Perspective? I
was involved with the creation and writing of a program called Health In
Perspective (HIP) which is a smoking prevention program aimed at females,
aged 10 to 15 years. It is a peer led program with six modules focussing on
communication, stress, body image, physical activity, ETS, and the influence
of media. It takes a backdoor approach to the factors about why girls choose
to start smoking. Recently an article was published in Calgary about the
program. It was written from the facilitator's perspective, peer leader's
perspective and participant's perspective. If anyone wants to know more
about the program they can contact me at 1-800-667-1839 ext. 515. Thanks!