From:
Mona Dupre-Ollinik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:26:03 -0500
Hello,

May I suggest:
Aboriginal health: building informed partnerships
Presents papers on Aboriginal Health from The 55th Annual Clinical Meeting
of SOGC held June 28, 1999. Papers cover such topics as: improving
understanding and communication about Aboriginal health issues, modern
medicine and Aboriginal patients, cervical cancer screening, Inuit women
and gynecological exams, building cross-cultural understanding with
Aboriginal people, and programs to improve Native American women and
children's health. Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada,
780 Echo Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1S 5R7 Primary: (613) 730-4192
Fax: (613) 730-4314 URL: http://sogc.medical.org/SOGCnet

An Exploration of Women-Centred Care in the Context of Cervical Cancer
Screening in Ethnocultural Groups
http://www.cewh-cesf.ca/bulletin/v1n2/page4.html

Cancers: actions I can take to reduce my risks of developing cancer
Pauktuutit Inuit Women's Association
3rd Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1P 5N7
Fax: 613-238-1787
Primary: 613-238-3977
Email: [log in to unmask]

Cervical cancer: screening hard-to-reach groups
http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/reprint/157/5/543.pdf

The Pap smear: what every woman needs to know (Cree)
Web link: http://www.cancercare.mb.ca/MCCSP/pdfs/pap-cree.pdf

You may also want to go to the Canadian Women's Health Network site for
more resources: www.cwhn.ca and search the databases.

I am looking into developing some resources about cervical cancer
 > screening for Aboriginal women in Alberta

Mona Dupré-Ollinik, BSW, BA
Coordonatrice de liaison/Outreach Coordinator
Canadian Women's Health Network/Réseau canadien pour la santé des femmes
419, avenue Graham, Suite 203
Winnipeg (MB) R3C 0M3

Tel: (204) 942-5500 ext,/poste 13
Fax/Télécopieur: (204) 989-2355
Toll free/Numéro sans frais: 1-888-818-9172
www.cwhn.ca
e-mail/courriel: [log in to unmask]

TTY 204-942-2806
TTY toll free number 1-866-694-6367