From:
Joan Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:04:48 -0500
 Hi Charnel:

I am a trainer specializing in community capacity building and now provide
teleclasses.  Teleclasses use a telephone bridge line (teleconference line)
as the virtual classroom.  I am certified by Teleclass International and
provide public and private customized classes. My teleclasses usually run an
hour in length and attract participants from all over North America and
Europe. Extensive notes are provided by e-mail after each class.

Currently, I am running a public series on building alliances and
coalitions. See www.joanroberts.com. Other topics include Running effective
meetings, Introduction to governance, Hiring a co-coordinator, Policy
making, Developing an advocacy strategy and Strategic planning.

I researched computer assisted training methods but found they still require
technology far beyond the reach of most community developers and health
promoters. Just about everyone has access to a phone and long distance
charges for a 1 hour class can be as low as $3.00.

Joan
Joan Roberts Consulting
www.joanroberts.com
"Helping Large Systems Change"
New Teleclass: Learn strategies and techniques to deal with power issues in
alliances, coalitions and partnerships. Register at
http://www.joanroberts/teleclas/.com
New Book: Alliances, Coalitions and Partnerships, Building Collaborative
Organizations by New Society Publishers.