From:
Joan Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:06:15 -0400
PUBLIC WORKSHOP!

The successful workshop on how to build alliances, coalitions and
partnerships is now offered this spring in Ottawa!

Partnerships are becoming increasingly important to the work of social
services and health promotion. Major changes, funding cutbacks, the need to
address large scale systemic problems, the pressure to maximize the
efficiency of existing resources and the desire to seize opportunities are
all reasons to collaborate with other organizations.

Over the last decade we have developed alliances, partnerships, networks and
coalitions in our sectors and communities. While we are aware we need to
band together to share resources and collaborate, we don't necessarily
understand how this form of organization is very different from the
organizations we work in. This form of organization faces unique issues
including the difficulty of overcoming horizontal boundaries and
organizational cultures, different levels of commitment and motivation
amongst members and the challenge to maintain membership and commitment over
the long term.

One time event!

Build Successful Alliances, Coalitions and Partnerships!
May 6, 2005
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $200*
RA Centre
2451 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, Ontario

*includes lunch and a copy of Alliances, Coalitions and Partnerships

To download the workshop brochure or to register by credit card go to:
http://www.joanroberts.com/May 6Ottawaworkshop.htm

Joan Roberts Consulting
416-523-0390
www.joanroberts.com
"Providing customized solutions for collaborative processes"