From:
marcopolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:07:48 -0400
You may find useful resources here:

Joint Centre of Excellence for Research on Immigration and Settlement (CERIS)
http://ceris.metropolis.net/Virtual%20Library/VLFrame_E.html

Part of the broader Metropolis Project - Health is one of their
research domains:
http://canada.metropolis.net/

Settlement.Org/AtWork - Health research
http://atwork.settlement.org/atwork/research/health.asp

Some examples:

Immigration and Health
This report reviews research on the health of Canadian immigrants and
discusses the implications of this research for policy makers -
September, 2001.
http://atwork.settlement.org/sys/atwork_library_detail.asp?doc_id=1002753

Meanings of Social Support, Coping, and Help-seeking Strategies among
Immigrants and Refugees in Toronto
This paper (CERIS Working Paper Series #31) reports on a study of the
meanings of social support for Chinese immigrants and Somali refugees
in Toronto as part of a national qualitative study - May 2004.
http://atwork.settlement.org/sys/atwork_library_detail.asp?doc_id=1003683

Our Diverse Cities
Published with the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, this
magazine seeks to provide a look at population diversity in Canadian
cities - Spring 2004.
http://atwork.settlement.org/sys/atwork_library_detail.asp?doc_id=1003722

Perspectives on Disability in 3 Cultural Communities: Downtown Toronto, Canada
This report discusses the commonalities and differences in the
perception of disability in the Vietnamese, Chinese and Portuguese
communities in Toronto - February 2005.
http://atwork.settlement.org/sys/atwork_library_detail.asp?doc_id=1003842

Marco