Sender:
From:
Alison Stirling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:29:49 -0400
Thanks Laura,
It's a good suggestion to use free services such as TinyURL to shorten
very long URLs.  I've made a copy of the  full list of Social Science &
Medicine articles from vol 60 #11, with all links shortened from 165 to
24, and pasted it in below for easier access. Click on the shorter links
and everyone should be able to access the full text articles.  Note that
Scirus.com search engine from Elsevier provides free access to a large
number of full text articles in academic journals.

> We should use TinyUrl (http://tinyurl.com/). Using the service found at
> this site you can submit an long URL such as the ones below and in return
> they provide a much smaller, usable format.
>
> For example use this URL http://tinyurl.com/4plo5 to link to the first
> reference you provided.
>
> Laura

Robb - thanks for sharing the news about the Social Science & Medicine
issue and the full text links. To partially answer your question, CLICK4HP
listserv may use the same listserver as SDOH, but some of our basic
settings are different as a result of decisions to enable maximum access
around the world, and minimum maintenance and risk. This is a plain text
list, with no active 'moderation'. That means no HTML comes through on the
list,  no attachments are allowed (which is what many HTML documents are
read as, but we avoid virus spreading in Word docs), there's a maximum
line length, and the list facilitators do not review and approve every
message that is posted (we're not actively online as often as the SDOH
moderator). We hope that the inconveniences might be outweighed by sharing
of short workarounds.
Keep those ideas and questions coming!

> At 09:41 AM 08/04/05 -0400, Robb Travers wrote:
>> These links may work - if they don't I don't know what to do - this seems
>> to be a common problem on this list.  Perhaps the moderators have a
>> solution?

Alison Stirling
co-facilitator, CLICK4HP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journal: Social Science & Medicine
ISSN   : 0277-9536
Volume : 60 Issue  : 11
Date   : Jun-2005

For more information about this journal visit:
http://www.elsevier.com/locate/socscimed

All 165 character URLs converted to 24 character tinyURLs

Socio-economic position and its relationship to physical capacity among
elderly people living in Jyvaskyla, Finland: five- and ten-year follow-up
studies
N. Rautio, E. Heikkinen, S. Ebrahim
pp 2405-2416
Full text via ScienceDirect :
 http://tinyurl.com/4plo5

A model of underlying socioeconomic vulnerability in human populations:
evidence from variability in population health and implications for public
health
S. Galea, J. Ahern, A. Karpati
pp 2417-2430
Full text via ScienceDirect :
 http://tinyurl.com/5az9l

A European comparative study of marital status and socioeconomic
inequalities in suicide
The EU Working Group, V. Lorant, A.E. Kunst, M. Huisman, M. Bopp,
J.Mackenbach
pp 2431-2441
Full text via ScienceDirect :
 http://tinyurl.com/6dgxs

A comparative study of the patterning of women's health by family status
and employment status in Finland and Sweden
E. Roos, B. Burstrom, P. Saastamoinen, E. Lahelma
pp 2443-2451
Full text via ScienceDirect :
 http://tinyurl.com/3rae9

The influence of neighborhood environment on the incidence of childhood
asthma: a multilevel approach
Y.J. Juhn, J.St. Sauver, S. Katusic, D. Vargas, A. Weaver, J. Yunginger
pp 2453-2464
Full text via ScienceDirect :
http://tinyurl.com/5tn6x

Current and lifetime exposure to working conditions. Do they explain
educational differences in subjective health?
C.W.S. Monden
pp 2465-2476
Full text via ScienceDirect :
http://tinyurl.com/5d9zz

Exploring the generalisability of the association between income
inequality and self-assessed health
N. Craig
pp 2477-2488
Full text via ScienceDirect :