From:
Alison Stirling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:37:27 -0400
Martin O'Neill asked:
> Please post the unpublished letter signed anon
> and sent to you by Dennis Raphael.

I chose not to post an 'anonymous' letter for the same reasons that a
newspaper does not publish a letter that is not signed. The content of the
letter could be determined to be damaging or 'libelous' to any individual
referred to within it, and without the direct acknowledgement, and
therefore accountability of the author, the legal responsibility lies to
the 'publisher'. I don't believe in re-posting unsigned messages that
comment negatively on individuals, as contained in the unpublished letter
that Dennis Raphael included in his message to me.

If you wish to get a copy for yourself, and then choose to post under your
name, please contact Dr. Raphael at <[log in to unmask]> or at the address
listed below.

Alison

> Dennis Raphael [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
> 09/16/2004 05:25 PM
> Subject:    HP is dead
>
> It is dead because its advocates have let it die.  When Toronto public
healthy renamed all of its community health nurses to healthy lifestyle"
nurses.  No body said a word! This has happened all across Canada.
> Indeed, click4hp is dominated by lifestyle discourse and adherents.
H.P.  R. I. P.
> [he added that an unpublished letter signed 'anonymous' and attached, said
it all. that unpublished letter is not included here]