From:
Jennifer Hystad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:10:58 -0700
A New Resource!
Acting Our Age...Older Adults Engaged in Physical Activity is a new resource developed by the Alberta Centre for Well-Being in collaboration with several other organizations.  The resource contains a 27-minute video featuring diverse Albertans, 65+ years of age, in activities that range from square dancing to aquasizing to tai chi.  The accompanying discussion guide uses a health-determinants approach to examine the supports and barriers to older adult physical activity.  Practitioners are provided with definitions of these determinants and questions that are relevant to their workplace setting or community.

The cost for the complete resource is $30 or the video and manual may be purchased separately. For more information or an order form, please call (780) 427-6949 or 1-800-661-4551 within Alberta. Information can also be found on our website at www.health-in-action.org/Well-Being. Pre-paid orders only.

Jennifer Hystad
Older Adult Coordinator,
Alberta Centre For Well-Being
3rd Floor, 11759 Groat Road