CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Lindsay McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:49:43 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is pleased to announce that this year we will be presenting the Spanish language version of our training course "Strategic Leadership in Public Health", which we have successfully delivered and found highly appreciated in both English and French.  We are currently accepting applications for the course, "Liderazgo Estrategico en Salud Publica", which will be held in Cuernavaca, Mexico from October 4- 20, 2000.

This course is designed for experienced health care professionals who hold or expect to hold significant leadership responsibilities. It offers participants a stimulating learning experience and a unique opportunity to build relationships with a diversity of individuals from around the world who play leading roles in public health programs.

The course focuses on leadership rather than management.  It emphasizes the importance of change, and of developing productive relationships.  As a course participant, you will examine what it takes to innovate and bring about change, and learn what you must do to inspire and effectively communicate with others.  You will reflect on current practices, learn new concepts, and challenge traditional ways of thinking.  You will take a critical look at yourself as a leader, and you will sharpen your ability to perceive. Course topics include:

¨ Exploring the various dimensions of leadership and management

¨ Understanding your own style as a leader and the impact you have on others

¨ Reflecting on the importance of an organizational environment that encourages honest communication

¨ Sharpening your ability to analyze the changing environment in which your organization operates, and to develop strategies to respond to those changes

¨ Improving your capacity to be flexible and to take advantage of opportunities

We hope you and/or your colleagues can join us for what promises to be a rich and rewarding leadership development experience.

MSH cannot provide sponsorship for participation in the course.  If you are interested in attending, please seek support from among the international, national and local organizations that are working to build the leadership capacity of health care professionals in your country of residence.

To find out more and to enroll, please contact us by email at [log in to unmask], telephone number 617-524-7766 or fax number 617-524-1363.

Sincerely yours,

MSH Management Training