Sender:
From:
tdempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:33:43 -0500
That's great.  If anyone would find it it would be Barb -- the world's
greatest researcher.  Thanks.  I blew through the stuff pretty fast as I
walked over to the library during a break between clients. I obviously did
overlook it.
    Barb, if there is a general-access web site with the 1840 and 1850
Missouri Census on it, I would like to hear about it. The genealogy site on
the Hannibal Public Library page, Heritage Quest Online, skips from 1820 to
1860 for Missouri.  I have to look through reels of microfilm that are
pretty shabby.  That is of course compounded by the penmanship of the census
takers.  The other years on the Heritage Quest site are searchable by
name -- very quick and easy. Anyone else doing research should also be aware
that a small part of Hannibal (south side) is in Ralls County.  I will still
try to drop by the church and get the info there.  The clerk has to get the
book from the safe.  Usually requires the permission of the minister.
    Terrell