Sender:
From:
David H Fears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:32:12 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/2006 6:44:38 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
>Allow me to be the first to respond to this, by saying that it is  an
>offensive phrase that does not appear in Twain's  works.

That must be news to me and the  millions of folks who have delighted in
Huck
Finn. IT was indeed a term Sam  often used in his letters--it does not
appear
in his works?? Please elucidate  this gray head with your ivory-tower
enlightenment. Making such a statement to  swing in the breeze can only
produce a
squeaking sound bound to keep one awake  at night.

David H Fears