From:
Matthew Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2022 11:00:47 -0400
Hey, Scott -

I've got a draft paper on Cairo in literary history somewhere in my files.
I will try to dig it out at some point, but I thought you might like to
know, in addition to Dickens and Twain, Cairo plays a significant role in
writings by Melville (*The Confidence-Man*) and Emerson (letters) as well.

*Matt Seybold, PhD*
Associate Professor of American Literature & Mark Twain Studies
Scholar-in-Residence, Center for Mark Twain Studies
Editor, MarkTwainStudies.org
Host, The American Vandal Podcast
<https://marktwainstudies.com/the-american-vandal-podcast/>

Peterson Chapel Vestry, Cowles Hall