From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:41:47 -0500
Greetings Twainiackians;

I am surly this day, facing the inevitable:  not so much the first week of
class, which I tend to like a lot.  But those dreaded days leading up to it,
with syllabus writing, malfunctioning xerox machines, screwed-up book orders
("But I ordered the Norton edition, and need it for the essays!?"), and vans
and pick-ups clogging the lanes around campus.  Parents, slathered with
sweat, carrying dorm fridges and heavy boxes up long flights of stairs (115
heat index here in St. Louis).

Read page 1 of DeLillo's WHITE NOISE. . . .

Here is my query:

What do we know about Huck Finn's father and mother, beyond the obvious??

Any speculations?  Or even names (besides Pap, for instance)??

I could look it up in the various places that provide all of this sort of
arcane info, of course, but none of those texts are readily available.

Just wonderin' . . . . .

Harold K. Bush
Saint Louis University