SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:14:44 -0500

NEW POSTINGS AVAILABLE ON THE
CHILDCARE RESOURCE AND RESEARCH UNIT’S WEBSITE
10-Mar-06

WHAT’S NEW

 >> What do we know about quality in early learning and child care, and
what do we think? A literature review
by Friendly, Martha; Beach, Jane & Doherty, Gillian
Working document from CRRU’s Quality by Design project "reviews the
literature on ideas, research, policy and practice vis-à-vis quality in
ELCC."
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85663

 >> It was twenty years ago today...March 8, 1986
by Friendly, Martha
BRIEFing NOTE from CRRU takes a look back at the 1986 Katie Cooke Task
Force report. French version now available.
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85493

 >> Women in Canada 2005
Article from Statistics Canada’s "The Daily" summarizes the fifth
edition of the research compendium "Women in Canada: A gender-based
statistical report."
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85649

 >> Partnership for Inclusion: Nova Scotia – An evaluation based on the
first cohort of child care centres
Report from the University of Guelph & SpeciaLink evaluates a pilot
project that combines assessment, on-site consultation, and the
provision of resources and personal support to staff in child care centres.
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85648

 >> 2006 Report Card on the status of women in New Brunswick
Statistical profile from New Brunswick Advisory Council on the Status of
Women "paints a picture of continued progress in some areas and of
stagnation or increasing concern in others."
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85650

CHILD CARE IN THE NEWS

 >> Why is Binns backing PM on child care? [CA-PE]
Guardian (Charlottetown), 10 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85654

 >> Liberals, NDP unite on child-care [CA]
by Bailey, Sue / Canadian Press, 10 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85635

 >> Cradle snatcher [AU]
by Hills, Ben / Sydney Morning Herald, 10 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85632

 >> Save daycare, or kill the government [CA]
by Ryan, Sid (President of CUPE Ontario) / Toronto Sun, 10 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85652

 >> Day care rents to rise up to 600% [CA-BC]
by Edmonds, Eve / Richmond News, 10 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85660

 >> Groups speak out on child care, pay equity [CA-NL]
Telegram (St. John's, Nfld and Lab), 9 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85634

 >> View on child care [CA-PE]
by Pursey, Carl (president of the P.E.I. Federation of Labour) /
Guardian (Charlottetown), 9 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85636

 >> Rival MPs unite to protect plan for child care [CA]
by Mills, Andrew / Toronto Star, 9 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85637

 >> Advocates use Women’s Day as day care forum [CA-AB]
by Holubitsky, Jeff / Edmonton Journal, 8 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85631

 >> Women's groups urge Harper to stick to child care agreements [CA]
by Canadian Press, 8 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85638

 >> Working women are still a long way from equality [CA]
by Riley, Susan / Victoria Times Colonist, 8 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85639

 >> Diane Finley one on one with Mike Duffy[CA]
CTV News and Current Affairs, 7 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85651

 >> Putting a price on our children [AU]
by Clausen, Lisa / Time Pacific Magazine, 6 Mar 06
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=85633

This message was forwarded through the Childcare Resource
and Research Unit e-mail news notifier. For information on the
CRRU e-mail notifier, including instructions for (un)subscribing,
see http://www.childcarecanada.org

The Childcare Resource and Research Unit
University of Toronto, Canada