From:
Cari Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 18:15:33 -0300
Hello Friends and Colleagues

As you may already know, to celebrate Atlantic communities and our
colleagues’ work, Horizons is developing our third Celebrating Community in
Atlantic Canada Day Planner – this one for 2007.

This message is to let you know that there are 3 weeks left to get in your
submissions – the closing date is 31 May 2006.

Inclusion in the Day Planner is free, and is a great way to highlight the
work, effort and successes of your organization, group or individual.  We
would love to hear from you.  All the information you need can be found
below.

Our goal is to make this our best day planner ever - we are collecting
submissions from individuals, groups, organizations, and communities across
the Atlantic provinces – we are looking for pictures, stories, biographies,
and artwork that represent the things that make our communities strong, safe
and healthy.  We’d also like to include information about health promotion
initiatives in Atlantic Canada.  Inspired Nova Scotia artist Doretta
Groenendyk is designing the cover this year, and award-winning Gaspereau
Press is doing the design and printing.  The 2007 day planners will be a
convenient 6 x 8.75 inches in size, and coil-bound so that they will lay
flat when in use. The main body of the planner has a ‘month at a glance’
calendar at the beginning of each month, followed by the days of the week
divided into hourly appointment times.  Submissions will be given a full
page at the head of each weekly section.  This year 25% of the proceeds are
being donated to the Learning for Life – Preventing Diabetes Project in
Labrador.

Please help us make this our best day planner yet by sharing your stories
etc.  We encourage a diversity of submissions – the more perspectives and
experiences, the richer our celebration will be! Besides your organization’s
name and contact information, this is what we’re looking for in terms of
length and specifications:

*	Text only – Up to 350 words
*	Text with a small image or logo within 2.25 × 3.25 inches (width X
height) – Up to 250 words
*	Text with a large image within 4.75 × 3.25 (width X height), or two
small images – Up to 150 words
*	Please Note: Digital images must be in .tif or .jpg format and 300
dpi at the final size.

The call for submissions form and the order form are available on our
website: www.horizonscda.ca/events  You will also be able to see a sample
layout of the Day Planner on the website.

In order for us to have the planners ready in September, we must receive
submissions by May 31, 2006.

The cost of the day planners is $20 plus HST & shipping.  We are offering a
volume discount on orders of 10 or more ($17.50 each).  We’d appreciate
receiving orders by July 31st (so we can accurately estimate the number we
need to print in August) but we will accept orders after this date.

We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

Cari Patterson

Director

Horizons Community Development Associates Inc.

P.O. Box 2404

Wolfville

Nova Scotia

B4P 2S3