SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Rhonda Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:33:40 -0400
While it is "dated" now the book Case Critical: The dilemma of social
work in Canada  by Ben Carniol and published by Between the Lines
Press in 1987 is a wonderful analysis of the contradictions in social
work. The profession has been "managing" the poor for a very long
time. Like any professional group, there are some who are more
"radical" than others but most are there to "manage" the unruly, the
ones who don't quite fit.

Rhonda