SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Diana Liw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:34:43 -0800
Hi, everyone.  I have been reading all the correspondence regarding the
"holiday" issue and the gift giving practice.  I really appreciate this
list for the opportunity and everyone who share their feelings and
thoughts so freely and openly.

The following is an email from an organization in Los Angeles County.
Liberty Hill Foundation http://www.libertyhill.org/  I am not asking
people to donate to this particular organization.  But just to use this
as an example.  Let us give the gift of change, not charity.  We all
know that there is still a lot of work that need to be done in our local
communities, our neighboring communities and our global communities.

So for this holiday, regardless of how we feel about it, what it
represents, or the gift giving practices, let's be united, and give the
gift of change, not charity to an organzation that is fighting for your
cause (whatever that may be).

>>> "Deborah F. Ching, Liberty Hill Foundation" <[log in to unmask]>
12/16/06 3:23 AM >>>
 It's not too late to honor your friends with a donation in their name
to Liberty Hill; if you are unable to view this message, click here>>

Not a subscriber yet? Click here>>
http://www.libertyhill.org/common/webappeal/dec_06.html

Dear Friend,
Don't waste your precious weekend hours at the mall struggling to find
meaningful last minute gifts for the people on your list. Instead why
not give them the gift of a better Los Angeles? This holiday season,
Liberty Hill is making it easy for you to send your colleagues, friends,
and family a thoughtful gift which will keep giving well into the new
year.
Make a contribution to Liberty Hill in honor of a friend and double the
joy generosity brings. Our special announcements will let people know
you made a gift in their name. And your contribution will fuel the vital
work for change that is happening here in Los Angeles and spreading
around the world.Make Your Gift Make a Difference

Help Liberty Hill Foundation while honoring your friends with a
meaningful and lasting gift.

Last December Neiman Marcus had sales over $585 million dollars.
Imagine what Liberty Hill could do with just one percent of those sales
dollars.
This is a season of hope and peace not gadgets and jingles. Liberty
Hill is investing in the best and bravest groups that are building a
model for progressive change. Cleaner air, effective schools, fair wages
for a fair day's work, and equal opportunities for all, are possible
when you support this vital work.
With just a few clicks you can honor multiple friends and colleagues.
All gifts made before December 22 will be acknowledged immediately with
a lovely e-card. And unlike that pen you were considering, your gift is
tax deductible.
No one really needs another basket of cheese, but hope is on nearly
everyone's wish list for the New Year. With your gift we can right the
wrongs of today and light a path for a more just and peaceful New Year.

Thank you for being part of Liberty Hill and best wishes for a safe and
joyful holiday season.
Sincerely yours,
Deborah F. Ching
Interim Executive Director
P.S. Make your gift in honor of friends and family now so you can get
back to the true spirit of the holidays Our online transactions are
secure. You can also print our donation form and fax or mail it back to
us. Click here for a printable version with fax and mailing
instructions.

Liberty Hill Foundation
2121 Cloverfield Blvd, Ste 113
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Phone (310) 453-3611 * Fax (310) 453-7806
email: [log in to unmask]
website: www.libertyhill.org

You are subscribed to this list as [log in to unmask] Click here to
unsubscribe, or send email to

Our postal address is
2121 Cloverfield Blvd., #113
Santa Monica, California 90404