CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sarena Seifer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:20:34 -0800
Dear CANCHID colleagues,

Online registration now open! Register by February 16 to receive discounted
early-bird registration rates!

How do we combine the knowledge and wisdom in communities and in academic
institutions to solve the major health, social and economic challenges facing
our society? How do we ensure that community-driven social change is central to
service-learning and community-based participatory research?

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health (CCPH) is convening our 10th
anniversary conference from April 11-14, 2007 in Toronto to nurture a
growing network of community-campus partnerships that are striving to
achieve the systems and policy changes needed to address the root causes
of health, social, and economic inequalities. The conference,
"Mobilizing Partnerships for Social Change," seeks to build knowledge,
skills and actions for achieving healthy and just societies.  Subthemes
include:
*Understanding and Addressing the Social Determinants of Health
*From Grassroots Movements to Policy Change
*Communities as Centers of Learning, Discovery and Engagement
*Developing the Science of Community-Based or Practice-Based Evidence

The conference - our first in Canada - promises to be one of our best
ever!  We're expecting over 500 participants, reflecting key stakeholders in
community-campus partnerships and community-driven social change.

Features this year include:

* Pre-conference workshops on such topics as Asset-Based Community
Development, Essentials for Effective Service-Learning Initiatives and Using
Community-Based Research to Affect Public Policy
* A focus on Aboriginal and Indigenous Peoples' Health
* An Emerging Leaders Track, designed by and for students
* Site visits of innovative community-campus partnerships in one of the
most diverse cities in the world!
* One-day registration rates for local community-based participants

REGISTER TODAY!  Register online at
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-registration.html#Registration

Registration Deadlines:
Friday February 16, 2007 - for early-bird registration
Friday March 30, 2007 - for advanced registration

WHERE
Hilton Toronto Hotel - http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-accom.html
*To get the discounted conference room rate, reserve your room by March
19!

CONFERENCE WEBSITE
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-overview.html
*Find answers to your questions about the conference, including
scholarships with upcoming deadlines.

CONFERENCE AGENDA
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-program.html
*Descriptions of pre-conference workshops, sessions & posters are now
available!

COSPONSOR AND EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-exhibiting.html
*Meet our cosponsors and exhibitors at
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-coexhibit.html

Questions?
Contact Shelly Tolo at [log in to unmask] or 1 (206) 962-0012

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health promotes health (broadly
defined) through partnerships between communities and higher educational
institutions.  Become a member today at www.ccph.info

CCPH 10th Anniversary Conference, April 11-14, 2007 in Toronto
"Mobilizing Partnerships for Social Change"
Register today at http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-registration.html

Access CANCHID archives at: https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/canchid.html