SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Richard Hofrichter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:22:07 -0400
I'm only making a point about health inequities, not human suffering in
general or the value of education. My point is about how social change
comes about and whether the primary focus is treating the consequences
of inequity or the source. Negative outcomes in social determinants are
the result of a broader cause, based on conflict and interests at stake,
and I believe it's necessary to mobilize and organize to address the
broader injustice.

Richard Hofrichter, PhD
Senior Analyst, Health Equity
National Association of County & City Health Officials
1100 17th St. NW
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: 202-507-4229
Fax: 202-783-1583