From:
Jennifer Staple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 11:50:59 -0700
*PLEASE SUPPORT UNITE FOR SIGHT BY VOTING ONLINE. PLEASE FORWARD THIS
MESSAGE WIDELY AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO VOTE, TOO.  VOTING TAKES LESS
THAN 1 MINUTE AND WILL _HELP UNITE FOR SIGHT WIN $15,000 TO CURE AND
PREVENT BLINDNESS WORLDWIDE._

*
*http://www.brickawards.com/vote [Click on Jennifer Staple in the Health
Category To Vote For Unite For Sight]

***
* *
**Please send an email to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to let us know that you voted,
and please indicate who referred you.

Please forward this message widely to friends, colleagues, and family.
*To show our gratitude for your support, we will give a Unite For Sight
Special Service Award to the individual who refers the most votes,* as
confirmed by voter emails sent to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  Be sure that anyone referred
states who referred them in their email to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  The Unite For Sight Special
Service Award will include a certificate, press release, and profile on
the Unite For Sight website.

Unite For Sight has been awarded $10,000 thus far from the BRICK Awards,
which has been dubbed by CNN as "the Oscars of youth service awards."
The award was determined by an extensive review process regarding the
leadership, impact, and success of the organization.  Celebrities who
are involved with the BRICK Awards include: President Clinton, Susan
Sarandon, Jimmy Fallon, Mary J. Blige, and Jewel.  *Oprah Winfrey says
that the BRICK Awards: "reward young people who come up with creative
ways to change the world."*

We have an opportunity to also receive a GOLDEN BRICK Award and an
ADDITIONAL $15,000 BASED ON ONLINE VOTING ON YAHOO.  100% of the award
will fund Unite For Sight's eye care programs worldwide.

Unite For Sight will be recognized for receiving the $10,000 BRICK Award
at a star-studded awards ceremony in Nokia Theater at Times Square in
New York City on April 10, 2007.  The recipients of the additional
$15,000 GOLDEN BRICK Award will be announced at the ceremony in April.
The BRICK Awards will air on the CW Television Network at 9pm EST on
April 12, 2007.

*IT TAKES LESS THAN 1 MINUTE TO VOTE. PLEASE VOTE FOR UNITE FOR SIGHT BY
CLICKING ON "JENNIFER STAPLE" ON THE VOTE PAGE [HEALTH CATEGORY]:
***http://www.brickawards.com/vote***

Learn More About Unite For Sight (http://www.uniteforsight.org):*

    * *Unite For Sight's Impact*
          o *Services For More Than 400,000 People Worldwide
            *
          o *More Than 6,000 Surgeries Provided Thus Far*
          o *More than 6,000 Sight-Restoring Surgeries Anticipated in 2007
            *
          o *4,000 People Involved and Making A Difference
            *
    * *Unite For Sight's Jennifer Staple Awarded BRICK Award, "The
      Oscars of Youth Service Awards*,":
      http://uniteforsight.org/news/brickawards.php
    * *Ghana Online Film*: Unite For Sight at Buduburam Refugee Camp:
      http://uniteforsight.org/refugeecampfilm.php
    * *India Online Film*: Unite For Sight's Eye Opener in India:
      http://uniteforsight.org/chennaifilm.php
    * *Unite For Sight's Partner Ophthalmologists Speak Online:*
      http://health.scribemedia.org/2007/01/30/unite-for-sight-worldwide/

*What Several of Unite For Sight's Partner Eye Clinics Say:*

    * "Unite For Sight has touched the lives of so many people in Ghana
      and reduced the suffering of mankind. Many people now see Unite
      For Sight as a symbol of hope.  The question I have always asked
      myself is 'what would have happened to all these people who have
      benefited from Unite For Sight programs had the organization not
      come to their aid?' It is likely that many would have perished in
      their agony." --Dr. James Afful Clarke, Ophthalmologist/Medical
      Director, Crystal Eye Clinic, Ghana
    * "Visits of Unite For Sight volunteers help us enormously. They
      assist us in eye camps when we do surgeries, help us in out reach
      clinics screening patients for eye diseases and children for
      refractive error.  They help us check vision and distribute
      glasses. Each volunteer also gives a presentation to the local
      ophthalmologist on global community ophthalmology at our eye
      clinics, which is very informative for all.  As each day passes,
      my faith and belief becomes stronger in the fact that our desire
      to serve the poor patients and their desire to see wouldn't have
      been possible without the assistance of Unite For Sight. --Dr.
      Ajit Sinha, Director, A.B. Eye Institute; President, All India
      Ophthalmological Society
    * "With the help of Unite For Sight and its Volunteers we are able
      to improve in the number of free cataract surgeries.  Prior to our
      association with Unite For Sight we were doing around 10-30 free
      cataract surgeries each month. With the help of Unite For Sight we
      were able to improve our surgical statistics three to four folds
      and our free surgical volume increased to around 100 each month.
      Every dollar of donation given to Unite For Sight is reaching to
      the deepest corners of the world and impacting changes in lives of
      people by giving them the gift of vision."--Dr. T. Senthil,
      Ophthalmologist, Uma Eye Clinic and Vision Foundation, Chennai, India
    * "I must say that Unite for Sight volunteers have come to give hope
      to the people of Tamale and Northern Region, and all of us
      appreciate the wonderful work these volunteers are doing for these
      poor and vulnerable people who otherwise would not have access to
      quality eye care services." --Dr. Seth Wanye, Eye Clinic of Tamale
      Teaching Hospital, Ghana
    * "I have no word to express our gratitude for your hard work and
      untiring commitment towards the eye care work world wide and
      putting optimum effort to recruit all good volunteers for
      deployment. As we have been working with partnership by deploying
      volunteers to our Kalinga Eye Hospital and NYSASDRI based in
      Orissa, India, it gives me immense  pleasure for such worth while
      partnership for restoring vision of thousands of eye sight from
      the remote and rural villages. Your support for conducting
      cataract surgery for poor patients empowered them to live
      independently and earn their own bread."--Sarangadhar Samal,
      Director, NYSASDRI, Kalinga Eye Hospital, Orissa, India

Thank you for your support,
Unite For Sight
http://www.uniteforsight.org