SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
John Courtneidge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:57:45 -0500
Dear friends

Re this, two things:

1) the increased gap was *created* to order by the Thatcher-led
government (check the Ridley Plan and the Ridley Report eg at Wikipedia)
and then replicated elsewhere (Harris in Ontario etc) - note the 'Was
created' as in 'were disappeared' in Chile etc.

2) This has led me to explore the "non-inflation-accelerating rate of
unemployment" or NIARU and its equivalent "non-accelerating-inflation
rate of unemployment" or NAIRU

Now, that latter has caused me to re-reflect upon the various
descriptors of employment status and their measurement (unemployment,
underemployment, over employment, inappropriate employment, etc, etc.)

Have any on-list statistical sociologists (etc) got any ways that can
realistically measure such data? And/or have they ever been done?

Love

john