SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Toba Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Toba Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:14:44 -0400
I disagree that politicians cannot do anything about poverty. They lack the
political will to act. Research studies by Vicente Navarro and others show
that political parties that implement redistributive policies when they are
in power have lower poverty rates. I refer you in particular to the
following study:

Navarro, V. & Shi, L. (2001). The political context of social inequalities
and health. International Journal of Health Services 31:1, 1-21.

T. Bryant