From:
Kathy Garnsworthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:14:13 -0700
ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING: MARCH 2008 RESEARCH UPDATE
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/publications/research.html

WHAT’S IN THIS ISSUE FOR YOU?
1.  Alberta Centre for Active Living article: “Shift Workers: Scheduling
Efficacy and Physical Activity”
By Christina Loitz, MSc, Research Coordinator, Alberta Centre for Active
Living, Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation, University of Alberta.

2. Saskatchewan Population Health & Evaluation Research Unit (SPHERU)
article: “First Nations Health Development Project: Tools for Program
Planning and Evaluation”
By Sylvia Abonyi (SPHERU and Dept of Community Health and Epidemiology,
University of Saskatchewan), Bonnie Jeffrey (SPHERU and Faculty of Social
Work, University of Regina) and Colleen Hamilton (SPHERU).

We’d like to know what you think about our two newsletters: WellSpring and
Research Update. Fill in our short newsletter survey by Friday, March 8 to
be eligible for a prize!

Congratulations to Jeannie Dumont from East Central Health in Alberta who
won a backpack in the Feb. 22 draw.

To start the survey, go to
http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey-intro.zgi?p=WEB227FET6LRD2

NEWS FROM THE ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING

 1. Centre’s Physical Activity Forum:  “Preventing Childhood Obesity: Big
Picture Strategies”

- May 14/08, Calgary event:
http://tinyurl.com/yofk7o

- May 15/08, Edmonton event:
http://tinyurl.com/yuv76c

- May 15/08, Videoconference (for Albertans outside Edmonton and Calgary):
http://tinyurl.com/yupsw7

2. March 19, 2008: Launch of the Centre’s Rural Route to Active Aging
website
http://tinyurl.com/28qhv7

3. The Alberta Centre for Active Living is looking for a new Communications
and Marketing Coordinator to replace Kathy Garnsworthy who is moving to a
position as a course materials editor at Athabasca University. Closing date
is Tuesday, March 11.

For more information, please visit
http://www.careers.ualberta.ca/Support/CompetitionDetails.aspx?key=2730.

4. Sept. 29-Oct. 2/08, Physical Activity Course in Banff for Practitioners
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/news/paph.pdf