CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sarena Seifer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:51:21 -0800
*please forward to others who may be interested!

Dear CANCHID colleagues,

We hope you are already planning to join us April 11-14 in Toronto for
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health's 10th anniversary conference,
"Mobilizing Partnerships for Social Change."  Register by Friday February 16 to
receive discounted early-bird registration rates! (Advance registration ends on
Friday March 30).

The conference aims to nurture a growing network of community-campus
partnerships that are striving to achieve the systems and policy changes needed
to address the root causes of health, social, and economic inequalities.
Subthemes include:
*Understanding and Addressing the Social Determinants of Health
*From Grassroots Movements to Policy Change
*Communities as Centers of Learning, Discovery and Engagement
*Developing the Science of Community-Based or Practice-Based Evidence

The conference - our first in Canada - promises to be one of our best
ever!  We're expecting over 500 participants, reflecting key
stakeholders in community-campus partnerships and community-driven social
change.

Features this year include:

* Pre-conference workshops on such topics as Asset-Based Community
Development, Essentials for Effective Service-Learning Initiatives and
Using Community-Based Research to Affect Public Policy
* A focus on Aboriginal and Indigenous Peoples' Health
* A focus on Community-Academic Partnerships in HIV/AIDS
* An Emerging Leaders Track, designed by and for students
* Site visits of innovative community-campus partnerships in one of the
most diverse cities in the world!
* One-day registration rates for local community-based participants

REGISTER TODAY!  Register online at
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-registration.html#Registration

Registration Deadlines:
Friday February 16, 2007 - for early-bird registration
Friday March 30, 2007 - for advanced registration

WHERE
Hilton Toronto Hotel - http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-accom.html
*To get the discounted conference room rate, reserve your room by March
19!

CONFERENCE WEBSITE
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-overview.html
*Find answers to your questions about the conference!

CONFERENCE AGENDA
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-program.html
*Descriptions of pre-conference workshops, sessions & posters are now
available!

COSPONSOR AND EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-exhibiting.html
*Meet our cosponsors and exhibitors at
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-coexhibit.html

Questions?
Contact Shelly Tolo at [log in to unmask] or 1 (206) 962-0012

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health promotes health (broadly
defined) through partnerships between communities and higher educational
institutions.  Become a member today at www.ccph.info

CCPH 10th Anniversary Conference, April 11-14, 2007 in Toronto
"Mobilizing Partnerships for Social Change"
Register today at http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/conf-registration.html

Access CANCHID archives at: https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/canchid.html