SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
John Macdonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:20:44 +1100
Richard Wilkinson at an otherwise lacklustre conference in Melbourne some years ago declared that his evidence shows that, of course, safe sex, no smoking etc are important BUT/AND if you want to add 5 years to your life, have three good friends. I quote him in my book on salutogenesis and the social determinants," Environments for Health" from Earthscan

Professor John J Macdonald
Foundation Chair in Primary Health Care
Co-Director Men's Health Information and Resource Centre
P11 Hawkesbury Campus
Locked Bag 1797 Penrith South DC NSW 1797
Tel (61) 2 45701123
Fax (61) 2 45701552