Sender:
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:29:04 -0400
From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
I am a week late in promoting the Ontario Health Promotion Email (OHPE)
Bulletin feature on health promotion competencies - but the article by
Brian Hyndman is still very current - check it out at http://www.ohpe.ca
or by going directly to the article:

OHPE Bulletin #538 Oct 25, 2007
Towards the Development of Canadian Health Promotion Competencies: Where
we've been, where we are, and where we're going
by Brian Hyndman

http://www.ohpe.ca/ebulletin/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9
068&Itemid=78
or http://tinyurl.com/2ohtbm

Contents

I. Introduction
II. Why Health Promotion Competencies? Why Now?
III.  The Benefits of Health Promotion Competencies
IV.  Health Promotion Competencies Do Not Equal Accreditation
V.  A Proposed Set of Health Promotion Competencies: Starting the
Dialogue
VI.  Building Consensus on Health Promotion Competencies: Continuing the
Dialogue
VII. References

-- Brian Hyndman is a Principal Consultant with The Alder Group and a
fellow with the Centre for Health Promotion, University of Toronto

See also the related Online Resources on Core Competencies
http://www.ohpe.ca/ebulletin/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9
072&Itemid=65
or http://tinyurl.com/35922k

Alison Stirling,
Knowledge Management Developer,
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse,
180 Dundas Street W., Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Direct: 416-408-6918 or 416-408-2249 x 2227
Toll-free (in Ontario)  1-800-397-9567 x2227
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.opc.on.ca