From:
Nancy Dubois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:09:49 -0500
The Health Communication Unit, at the Centre for Health Promotion at the
University of Toronto,  is in the fifth year of a workplace health promotion project funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care.  In this year we are focused on reviewing a wide variety of tools used
in workplaces to assess their employees or organization.  These could take
the form of needs assessments, interest surveys, health risk appraisals, or
organizational audits. We have convened a panel of experts and adapted a
"best practices" review protocol to assess these tools.  Those selected will
be summarized in a catalogue of "recommended practices" to be posted to the
THCU Web site upon completion (anticipated Spring, 2005).

So why this message to CLICK?  We are trying to access as many of these tools as
possible in the next few weeks.  We have completed a literature search and
have accessed many more through "Googling".  However, we are sure there are
many others out there being used by public health professionals,
occupational health nurses, human resource staff in workplaces, NGO's and
private consultants.  Your assistance would be most appreciated in:

* forwarding this email to your colleagues in workplace health so they might
pass tools on to us
* forwarding names of people you would recommend we connect with to collect
more tools
* forwarding actual workplace situational assessment tools like those
described above.  In this case, a contact name and email / phone would be
invaluable in us getting additional details on each tool.

Our project timelines allow for us to be in this broad collection mode until
the end of February.

For those tools that are "proprietary", we have a Non-Disclosure Agreement
and safeguards in place to protect access to these in particular (the
resulting catalogue would link people to the organization to access the
actual tool).

Thanks in advance for anything you are able to send.

Nancy Dubois
Health Promotion & Planning Consultant
DU B FIT Consulting / THCU
RR2, Site 2, Box 43, 12 Finlay St.
Scotland, ON     N0E 1R0
519.446.3636 (phone)
519.446.3329 (fax)
[log in to unmask] OR [log in to unmask]