From:
Neil Muscott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:52:01 -0400
Help Us Locate New Support, Mutual Aid/Self Help Groups - Final deadline
November 7th

The Self-Help Resource Centre is asking the community at large to help us
locate more self-help, mutual aid and support groups in the GTA. Every two
years we publish a new edition of our Directory of Mutual Aid/Self Help
Groups. We need your help to expand the number and type of groups listed in
our directory. Because support groups are often low profile, meet in rented
space and have no promotion budgets, we know there are many existing groups
we don't know about. And they don't know about our free services, including
a free listing that would help people find their group.

There are currently over 400 groups from the Greater Toronto Area listed in
our directory, dealing with more than twenty different categories of
support, from physical and mental health, to ethno-cultural and community
development. Each month thousands of people search this directory online or
call our office looking for a specific support group. Nothing is more heart
breaking for our staff than not being able to help someone find the support
they are seeking.

If you belong to a group, if you know of a group, if your agency sponsors or
rents space to a group, please contact us. You can add a group online
http://www.selfhelp.on.ca/list.html  If you're not sure if the group is
already listed in our database, you can check at
http://www.selfhelp.on.ca/search.html

Please forward this request to anyone you know involved with support and
self-help groups. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rick
Henry 416-487-4355. Thank you for helping us build a larger mutual
aid/self-help community.