CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sarena Seifer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:20:40 -0700
Dear CANCHID colleagues,

Save the Date!

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health's 9th Conference
May 31 - June 3, 2006
Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

With the remarkable expansion of interest and investment in community-campus
partnerships, the time is right to take a critical look at these partnerships
in all of their iterations and ask (and answer) key questions about where we
are now, where we are going and where we need to be. Where is the community in
community-campus partnerships? How do we fully realize authentic partnerships?
What are the barriers and challenges getting in our way? How do we overcome
these, individually and collectively?

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health's 9th conference promises to address
these questions and more as we create a vision for the future of
community-campus partnerships as a strategy for social justice.  Gain knowledge
and skills in service-learning, community-based participatory research,
community and economic development, partnership development and more!

It's not too early to start planning to participate!

*Start drafting a workshop or poster proposal NOW for presentation at the
conference. The call for session proposals will be released this summer and due
this fall.

*If you're not yet a member of CCPH, join NOW! CCPH members receive substantial
discounts on fees for the conference, training institutes, publications and
more! To become a member, visit http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/members.html

*Budget for the conference NOW. The early-bird registration fee for CCPH
members will not exceed $400 ($150 for students). Rooms at the Hyatt Regency
Minneapolis, the conference hotel, will be $115 for a single or double.

*If applicable, start the visa application process NOW. Contact the U.S.
Embassy or Consulate in your home country to determine if you will need a visa
and/or a visa support letter to visit the U.S. For more information, visit
http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html

Stay tuned for more details on the CCPH homepage at www.ccph.info
If you would like to be notified when the Call for Proposals and Registration
Brochure is available, please email Anne Moreau at [log in to unmask]

We look forward to seeing you in Minneapolis in Spring 2006 (if not before)!

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health is a nonprofit organization
that promotes health through partnerships between communities and
higher educational institutions.  Become a member today at www.ccph.info

CCPH is the Higher Education Senior Program Advisor for the Learn and
Serve America National Service-Learning Clearinghouse.  Visit the
Clearinghouse at www.servicelearning.org