From:
Annette Penney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:02:14 GMT
Apologies for possible cross-postings.Do you provide a healthy eating or exercise program to adults over the age of 50 in Ontario, Manitoba or Quebec? If so, we would like to hear from you. We are the consultants for a project funded by the Public Health
Agency of Canada to the Active Living Coalition for Older Adults (ALCOA1). One of the primary
objectives of this project is to find out what the needs are for the older
adults in your organization that you deliver programs or services to. Most
particularly, we want to hear from your perspective what is needed to promote
participation in healthy eating and exercise for the older adults you work
with.We have designed a short online survey which will only take 5 minutes to
complete; it is completely confidential.  ALCOA is seeking further insights into the
needs of older adults in the area of prevention of type 2 diabetes; no amount
of searching for literature can replace your
experiences with older adults. If you choose to take the survey all you have to
do is click the link below. You will immediately be asked for a password which
is central.Link:  http://www.thequaich.pe.ca/UltimateSurvey/takeSurvey.asp?surveyID=184Password: centralWe also have a short online survey for the older adults you work with that you may circulate if you wish. The link and password for this survey are:Link:  http://www.thequaich.pe.ca/UltimateSurvey/takeSurvey.asp?surveyID=181Password: centralThank
you for your valuable time to contribute to our understanding of the needs of
older adults in Central Canada.Annette Penney-Maurer, BA (Hons), MA
Research ConsultantThe Quaich Inc.   www.thequaich.pe.ca 1ALCOA’s
mission is to partner with organizations and individuals who have an interest
in the field of aging, to encourage older Canadians to maintain and enhance
their well-being and independence through a lifestyle that embraces daily
physical activities. ALCOA has several publications on the benefits of physical
activity at it relates to older adults which may be downloaded from their
website at www.alcoa.ca.