CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:08:52 -0500
Matthew,

Thanks for the good question. I could probably answer a good part of
the question since all the doctors in the FHT are already practicing
in the area, but I will put the question to the FHT so that they can
answer in their words - and then post it to CANCHID.

Beyond that there are about a million issues that the Province did not
address when it created the initiative. In my personal view this is
yet another Ontario government initiative where they kick it off
because they like the sound bits for public release. They seldom
think through the challenges of implementation. Having said that,
some of the 150 FHTs will do amazing things, others will stumble and
fall, and what the Province will do in the long run is anyone's
guess.

Regards, Sam

Quoting [log in to unmask]:

> 080227
>
> Interesting post - what if any assurances are in place to prevent
> the
> FHT from cream-skimming by choosing younger patients (who are
> likely
> to be healthier and thus less work) or people from higher-income
> postal codes, since age and address both appear on the enrolment
> form?
>
> Matthew Hodge

Prof Sam Lanfranco, AK/ECON, 2005 TEL Bldg, York University,
4700 Keele St Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
Tel: 416-736-2100 ext33235  Fax: 416-736-5188
email: [log in to unmask]  - Cell: 416-816-2852

Access CANCHID archives at: https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/canchid.html