From:
Chrystal Ocean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2008 17:03:34 -0400
[Apologies if this is a duplicate. Didn't look like the first post got through.]

There are just four (4) copies left of the book, so if you've been thinking about ordering a copy
then you get to it! With less than a handful of books left, we're down to first-paid, first-shipped.

Other news...

At an event held the beginning of this month, we received a donation which has enabled me to
start creating podcasts of the book. Until then, although I'd wanted to do this for some time, I
didn't have a microphone or headset.

The plan is to create a total of 24 podcasts. Episode 1 (Acknowledgements & Introduction) and
Episode 2 (the story of Chris) are up now.

Please visit the channel, and listen to, rate, and comment on the podcasts:
http://bcseawalker.podbean.com/

Won't be able to store all 24 podcasts on this new channel. Under Podbean's free basic plan,
channel owners are allowed up to 100 MB storage and 1 GB monthly bandwidth usage. The
average podcast for the book will be 7 MB and the two reports will consume much more. For this
reason, I'll be removing podcasts after four weeks and may have to change that to three, or even
two weeks.

Depending on the response we get to this new channel, we may upload podcasts of WISE
presentations that were done at conferences and other events. Would be nice to house those
somewhere, for the sake of posterity - and for future possibilities. While WISE may be defunct, the
prime movers behind WISE aren't.

Ocean, former Coordinator of WISE.
--
WISE Book: Policies of Exclusion, Poverty & Health: Stories from the front
http://members.shaw.ca/chrystal_ocean/