From:
Sally R Anton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 14:50:08 -0500
Hello,
  My name is Sally Ruth Anton and I am currently a History Graduate student
at
Western Illinois University.  I've grown up in Hannibal, Missouri, so Mark
Twain has become very familiar to me.  My appreciation for him really
developed
after I started working as a seasonal employee at the Mark Twain Birthplace
and
State Historic Site.  My first summer I worked as an intern, and was given
the
opportunity to work with archival documents, including some personal letters
from Mark Twain's friends and family members.  I was able to use information
in
the archives to design and make a temporary display.  My time at the museum,
learning about Mark Twain, has been very rewarding.
  I recently finished a research paper about Mark Twain, in which I am
basically
arguing that he maintained a strong sense of justice and mercy throughout
his
life, even in his years in the West.  A few of my professors are working
with
me now on locating journals that may be interested in publishing it.
  I don't expect to be paid, but I would like the chance to get my name out
in
the field.  I'm aware of the Mark Twain Journal, and the Mark Twain Annual,
as
well as the Mark Twain Circular.
  If anyone may be able to give me any advice about what other journals
would be
interested in a Mark Twain study, please let me know.
  Thank you and I look forward to hearing more from the forum.
  Sincerely,
  Sally Anton