From:
Alan Gribben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 20:57:27 +0000
This Jane Austen question is somewhat complicated, like so many other things about Twain.

As Barbara Schmidt indicated, my 1980 book summarized the ideas that I and others have advanced about his expressions of vitriol whenever this classic author was praised. Copies of my 1980 work have become increasingly difficult to locate, but the first volume of a revised and expanded edition that I recently finished should be available later this year or early next year.

Alan Gribben

Sent from my iPhone